– Rep. Justin Simmons (R-Lehigh/Montgomery/Northampton) is hosting special hours at his district office in Coopersburg on Friday, Oct. 4, for area veterans and their families to receive assistance regarding programs and benefits. Simmons offers this free service the first Friday of each month.
“We are pleased to be able to provide this assistance to local veterans on a regular basis,” said Simmons. “I encourage veterans and their family members who have questions about their benefits, or about programs for veterans, to take advantage of this free service.”
A veterans’ outreach specialist from the American Legion will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to answer questions about veteran benefits and help file claims. Veterans are asked to call 610-282-0160 to schedule an appointment.
Some of the issues the outreach specialist can provide assistance with include:
• Compensation and pension claims.
• Education benefits.
• Enrollment in the VA health care system.
• Burial and survivor benefits.
• State benefits.
• Obtaining military personnel and medical records.
Simmons’ Coopersburg district office is located at 21 N. Main St., Unit 9, in the borough.
Representative Justin Simmons
131st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Michael Plummer