HARRISBURG – Looking to continue to strengthen funding and support for area first responders, Rep. Justin Simmons (R-Lehigh, Northampton and Montgomery) announced today that local fire and ambulance departments will see a total of $150,387 in state funding grants from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC).
“I am very pleased that our fire and ambulance companies are receiving this necessary well-deserved funding,” said Simmons. “These selfless men and women make countless sacrifices to ensure the safety of our communities, and we are always in their debt. These grants will go toward renovations, equipment upgrades and other critical projects that will enhance public safety in the 131st District. We are continually grateful to our first responders for all that they have done and continue to do for ourselves and our neighbors.”
The list of those departments receiving funding are as follows:
• Citizens Fire Company of Upper Milford – $12,110.
• Emmaus Borough Ambulance Corps – $7,437.
• Emmaus Fire Department – $14,248.
• Lower Milford Township Fire Company #1 – $14,248.
• Upper Milford Western District Fire Company – $12,604.
• Upper Saucon Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 – $14,248.
• East Greenville Fire Company #1 – $13,015.
• Pennsburg Fire Company #1 – $13,837.
• Red Hill Fire Company – $13,700.
• Upper Perkiomen Valley Ambulance Association – $9,192.
• Se Wy Co Fire Company, Inc. – $25,748.
The OSFC manages financial assistance programs for the state’s fire, ambulance and rescue organizations intended to help them improve and enhance their capabilities to provide firefighting, ambulance and rescue services.
For more information visit RepSimmons.com
Representative Justin Simmons
131st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Michael Plummer